I have a tattoo on my right arm that I got in honor of my Dad that reads, “Non Plus Ultra. Let me explain it to you. In Valladolid, Spain, where Christopher Columbus died in 1506, stands a monument commemorating the great discoverer. Perhaps the most interesting feature of the memorial is a statue of a lion destroying one of the Latin words that had been part of Spain's motto for centuries. Before Columbus made his voyages, the Spaniards thought they had reached the outer limits of earth. Thus their motto was "Non Plus Ultra," which means "No More Beyond." The word being torn away by the lion is "non" or "no," making it read "Plus Ultra." Columbus had proven that there was indeed "more beyond." I believe there is more BEYOND for Journey in 2024, so—in faith—we are raising $2 million to go BEYOND in five key areas:
- In Greeley: With the growth we are experiencing, we need to improve some of the technology we use for our worship services and possibly expand the seating capacity of our current auditorium.
- In Aurora: Our new campus needs to be remodeled and has staff that needs to be hired so we can more effectively reach the Denver Metro area for Christ.
- In Colorado Correctional Facilities: Our Sterling campus—and our upcoming Buena Vista Campus—need equipment to help facilitate worship services—both in person and over video.
- In Kenya: Journey Christian Institute (which includes Journey Bible College) is in desperate need of more housing and classrooms to reach its growing student body.
- In Property Debt: We are hoping to pay down at least 25% of our Greeley property debt so we are in a better position to fulfill the mission God has for us in Colorado and around the world.
Thank you for prayerfully considering how you will join us on this important journey.
Believing for More Beyond,